Thursday, May 13, 2010

Button Holed

I made a few more buttons recently. These were not included in the buttons I sent to my mother for Mother's Day. These were made after that initial round and are smaller than the early buttons. Because they were so small, they were a much bigger pain to glaze than their larger brethren.

I photographed them against their entries in my glaze log so that I might have a bit of a record as to what glazes I used and what those glazes did.

This triangular button glazed with a turquoise glaze that invariably bubbles and pits, turned out to be one of my favorites. I like the texture very much when it's confined to the small surface of the button.

Button

On the other hand, I expected better from this glaze combination. Oh well.

Button

I like the simplicity of this "really red" button. It feels very handmade to me.

Button

The light blue one might be a sleeper.

Button

I should've done two layers of glaze, not just the stripes, because I like that strange mottled section where the glazes are layered.

Button

Another sleeper perhaps.

Button

This alabaster glazed triangle and the oatmeal glazed stars seem rather plain to me.

Button

Button

Ice blue is one of my favorite glazes. I just love the look of this glaze. It's not so impressive in this small photo, but in a larger photo (and in person), it's just a big, interesting glaze. Love this stuff.

Buttons

My little Frankenstein button, a green matte experiment.

Button

This waxy lavender heart is pretty enough, and subtle.

Buttons

This is another one of my favorites, glazed with a single layer of espresso shino. Look at that! Unfortunately, its two similarly glazed companions crawled terribly.

No comments: