Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Creative Me

Some of the things I believe about creativity:

Chaotic Workplace
my work/space


I am a creative person and furthermore I believe that most people are creative, too. Call it the Creative Bias.

Resin Casting Components
polymer clay jewelry blanks


I like to create things and to wrestle with the act of creation. I like the how as much as I like the why or the what. As far as creativity is concerned, where? and when? are always answered with here and now.

Catrina de las Calaveras Ofrendahand-painted ofrenda

I am fond of the Picasso quote: "Inspiration exists, but it must find you working."

Embroidery
embroidered bacterium


Building castles in the air, in other words, is not a creative act. It is an anti-creative act.

Shrinky Dink
hamsa shrinky dink charms


So get to work!

No comments: